Thursday, August 16, 2007

The fact that I adore you is but one of my truths

Life's been....well, hectic of course. Today I've been granted a brief reprieve based on the fact that the air conditioning in my office went out yesterday, and when you live on the face of the sun (aka Phoenix, AZ) in August, you find that no air is your version of a snow day.

I used to love snow days as a kid. It made me feel as if someone hit the pause button, and for one day I would not have to deal with responsibility. As if that one day didn't count. So I took full advantage. Sat around in warm sweaters and comfy socks. Made soup and grilled cheese for lunch. Watched corny useless soap operas, and even more useless game shows. Snow days were the only days in my life that I really felt like I didn't Have to do something.

So my Non-snow Day today existed as exactly that. I watched stupid tv. Ate food that I really probably shouldn't. Caught up on blogs that I haven't been able to read recently. Decided to post here. It's been entirely enjoyable and the best part is it isn't even over yet.


Wedding planning is just getting started. Now, I'm not an excitable person by nature. Undertaking all of the planning of something like a wedding, I see it as a job that needs to be divided into goals, and those goals reached by a certain date, and the excitement is in the months after the majority of the planning is over and the partying can begin. However, apparently, I am supposed to be much more high strung, excited, and excitable at this point in time. James's sisters have asked me if they are "allowed" to start getting excited yet, because I am so cool, calm and rational about it that they feel as if they should not be more excited than I am.

I don't know quite what to think. Am I supposed to be like the girl at the dress shop who burst into tears when she saw herself in the mirror? Because I will never be able to do that. It's a dress for pete's sake! Am I supposed to be acting bitchy and become an overnight perfectionist? All you have to do is walk into my house to see that I am nothing like that. Not to say I'm messy. But I enjoy my small bit of clutter, and I don't see the point in every single flower being perfectly aligned at my own wedding.

I'm sure the excitement will come. I just don't see the point when two of a multitude of tasks have been completed.


I'm hoping to make my usual valliant effort to post here more often. With work, school, and a wedding to plan, who knows if it will happen. If only I had more non-snow days....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.